Can curvy girls wear skinny jeans? Absolutely! And if you have any doubts whatsoever, just look at celebs like Kim Kardashian, Jennifer Love Hewitt, Beyonce, Rihanna, America Ferrera, and well, the list goes on and on! Confidence is key, however, no matter what your body type, so here are some tips to help you achieve the most flattering silhouette when you're rocking your skinnies.
- Pick dark denim. As a general rule, dark washes like black, charcoal gray or indigo blue will be most slimming. If you want to try colored jeans, pick a deep purple or blue shade.
- Think skinny on the bottom, voluminous on top. Drapey tunics, dolman sleeve tops, and breezy blouses that cover your waistline and don't cling to your tummy are all good options.
- Go long. Look for long skinny jeans that cover your heel; a little bit of scrunching is a good thing.
- Get the right size. No matter what cut of jeans you're wearing, you must find your size. This means no muffin-top, no gap-in-the-back, no camel-toe. Your skinny jeans should be comfortable and should hug your curves—not squish them.
- Try heels. Flats can work well, but heels with lengthen your legs and lift your posterior.
- Wear a belt. Accentuate your hourglass shape with a chic belt cinched at your natural waist.
Where to Shop for Plus-Size Skinny Jeans:
Calling all my curvy cuties: How do you wear your skinny jeans?