- Dress in layers. Start with a smooth, long cami or tank followed by a cardigan or zippered hoodie, and if necessary, top with a stylish trench, blazer or our personal favorite: the poofy vest. Peel off as temperatures rise and fall (because you know they will!).
- Opt for dark colors. If you spill your pudding cup on your lap, it won't show up as much.
- Wear smooth, cotton undergarments. Avoid bras with lace that can itch or underwires that can stab. Save the see-through mesh thong for another time, too.
- Do not wear sweats or tracksuits (the horror!). Your comfort shouldn't come at the cost of offending other passengers. Personally, we wear our favorite weekend jeans—the structure of denim seems to aid circulation to our legs better than shapeless sweats anyways.
- Wear comfy shoes that slip on and off with ease. Some good choices are fashion sneaks, loafers, ballet flats or even clogs. Avoid heels and sandals. And be sure to wear socks so your tootsies don't touch the nasty airport floor when you're going through security and have to remove your shoes.
- Skip wearing a belt or any jewelry that can jab you when you're trying to get some Zs.
- Carry a medium to large size handbag that doubles as your carry-on luggage. Make sure it closes securely so your personal items don't spill out and go rolling down the aisle.
- Bring a comfy pashmina or shawl. Toss one over your shoulders and you'll have a cozy blanket during your flight.
- Know the 3-1-1 rule when it comes to packing beauty supplies for your carry-on: 3 ounce bottle or less; 1 quart-sized, clear, plastic, zip-top bag; 1 bag per passenger placed in screening bin.
- Bring a sleeping mask or oversized, dark-lensed shades. These are a godsend when you're trying to sleep. And don't worry about looking silly on the plane—worry about looking fresh and rested when you get off!
Tuesday, June 19. 2007
We budget babes may fly economy, but we know how to look first-class! Here are some tips to help you dress for style, comfort and convenience when you're traveling by air:
(Page 1 of 1, totaling 1 entries)