At the start of the New Year, it's customary to pause and consider where we've been and where we'd like to go. New Year's resolutions come into play as we set a course for a better and brighter future - and that includes upping the ante when it comes to our personal style, health and beauty. Why not pledge to make this year your most fabulous year to date? Here are a few suggestions to help get you inspired:
- Reduce your credit card debt. We all know what it feels like to have a hefty credit card balance looming over you - it makes you anxious, upset and less able to enjoy shopping when you know you shouldn't be. So why not tackle it once and for all? Begin by paying more than the minimum payment required each month, on time. Cut up your current cards or hide them so you won't be tempted to use them (just don't cancel your accounts as you'll still need these to build good credit).
- Quit an ugly habit like nail biting or smoking. We know it's tough and won't happen overnight, but offer these suggestions: Go for manicures to lessen the temptation to bite your nails. Find a support network to help you kick that smoking habit for good. Replace your bad habits with something positive instead.
- Experiment with new fashions or beauty routines. In addition to the usual style ruts to which we all succumb, many of us feel obligated or pressured to dress a certain way all the time - perhaps it's what others expect of us, or the sole way that we imagine seeing ourselves. Give yourself permission to branch out and be fearless with fashion, even if it means ruffling some feathers and getting questioned by family and friends.
- Adopt one healthier eating habit and one healthier exercise habit. Rather than set yourself up for failure with some unrealistic fitness goal, why not take just one small step (that will yield big results over time) towards better health? For instance, consider eliminating soda from your diet, or taking the stairs instead of the elevator at work.
- Organize your closet. Was there ever a more daunting obstacle? Overcome this Herculean task with the proper storage containers - shelving, shoe bins, padded hangers and the like. Take stock of what you own and then edit, edit, edit!
...and of course, HAPPY NEW YEAR!!