Low on cash and short on time? Here are six cute, cheap Halloween costume ideas inspired by the already bizarre world of celebrities.
1. Nicki Minaj: If you were Lady Gaga last year, trade your meat dress for some colorful, crazy, popstar style a la Nicki Minaj this Halloween. If you can get your hands on a platinum blond wig and dye half of it bright blue, you're halfway there.
2. A Sexy Cat: Grab your spirit hood and every leopard-print piece of apparel and/or accessory in your closet and go trick-or-treating as a sexy feline à la "Snooki" of Jersey Shore fame.
3. A Stripper: At first glance, it looks like Cameron Diaz is just wearing a typical, all-black ensemble, but upon closer inspection, you'll notice she's tucked some (presumably) fake cash into her waistband. Not the most creative, nor the classiest of costumes, but it'll do in a pinch.
4. A Socialite: A floral headband, some patterned tights and you're well on your way to becoming a fashionable member of the Gossip Girl cast. Go ahead, mix patterns and clashing colors, you can't go wrong (and you just might discover some fab new outfits, too).
5. Poison Ivy: If you're blessed with naturally gorgeous red hair, then add an emerald green mini (bonus points for hot-glueing on some ivy from the craft store) and a green mask and call yourself comic book villain Poison Ivy. Kim Kardashian rocked the look with the help of a wig.
6. Bella Swan: For a comfortable outfit that has the added advantage of keeping you warm while you're out celebrating, transform yourself into Twilight heroine Bella Swan with nothing more than a hoodie, Converse sneaks and a little white face paint for effect. Accessorize with a handsome beau dressed at Edward Cullen.