In the midst of holiday shopping, it's important to pause and think about those who are less fortunate, and consider simple ways we can give back. Recently Kohl's approached me to see if I'd like to help participate in their "Pay It Forward" campaign and generously provided me with a $250 gift card to use to shop at my local Kohl's and buy merchandise for a member of my community who's in need.
The timing could not have been more perfect - each year at Christmastime, I participate in a "giving tree" campaign at my church where we purchase gifts for a needy child, so I was grateful to be able to have the chance to really splurge this season with the $250 gift card! My hubby went with me to help me pick the perfect gifts for "our" little boy, who needed clothes and also requested a few fun toys.
Here's what we got:
- Long sleeve polo, $13.99 (down from $28)
- Long sleeve v-neck, $14.99 (down from $30)
- Long sleeve sweater, $13.99 (down from $28)
- Bootcut jeans, $18.99 (down from $38)
- Boys khakis, $17 (down from $34)
- 4 Bey Blade action figures, $10.39 each (down from $12.99)
- Boys dress shoes, $27.99 (down from $39.99)
- Adidas sneakers, $49.97 (down from $54.99
- Philips Portable DVD player ($49.99 at Target, this was the only thing on the list that Kohl's doesn't carry so I just purchased it elsewhere)
As you can see, we got a lot of amazing gifts for not a lot of cash - gifts that I know will be truly appreciated. I hope my small "Pay It Forward" trip will inspire you to do the same!
Here are two more ways Kohl's and Kohl's customers are giving back this holiday:
- Kohl's will give up to $500,000 to Toys for Tots. For every new person who "Likes" Kohl's Facebook page from this Nov. 23 – Dec. 24, Kohl’s will donate $1 to Toys for Tots, up to $500,000. Spread the word!
- Gifts that Give Back. This holiday, Kohl's is offering exclusive hardcover books featuring American classic stories such as The Wizard of Oz, The Night Before Christmas and The Velveteen Rabbit along with coordinating plush toys for just $5 each through the Kohl's Cares cause merchandise program (usually near the checkout counters at my store - I get these for nieces and nephews and they love it!). Also for $5, Kohl’s Cares merchandise brings shoppers a Good Housekeeping cookbook, a holiday CD of greatest hits and seasonal notecards. Under this program, Kohl’s donates 100 percent of the net profit to children's health and education initiatives nationwide. Since 2000, it has raised more than $208 million for children's health and education programs in local communities across the country.
Happy Holidays and Happy Giving!
Just a reminder that this is not a sponsored post. I received a complimentary $250 gift card to use towards purchasing gifts for the person/charity of my choice.