It's been an annual tradition here at The Budget Babe to take a look into the crystal ball each January 1st and make predictions about what the fashion future will hold. Sometimes I'm right (Prabal Gurung is, in fact, teaming up with Target) and sometimes I'm wrong (sadly, Sarah Jessica Parker has not decided to relaunch "Bitten" anytime soon). Here are ten things I foresee happening in the year ahead.
1. DVF will do a line of wrap dresses for Target. Or possibly even Walmart.
2. More stores will follow in the footsteps of H&M and begin to offer clothing recycling.
3. Celebrity fashion lines will continue to spread like the plague. You know Kim K.'s going to do a line of baby wear now that's she expecting! Kate Middleton, on the other hand, will keep the royal birth as low key as is humanly possible.
4. More brands will offer customizable fashion experiences, like those design-your-own-M&Ms - only for fashion.
5. Amber Riley will launch a plus-size collection with Kohl's. Or some other major big-box/brand. How amazing would that be?!
6. Julep will name a nail polish after me. Okay, that's just a totally narcissistic fantasy but anything could happen!
7. JCPenney will surprise industry experts as customers adjust to the big changes and sales surge. Also, they'll expand their collection with Jenny Packham if they know what's good for them.
8. Forever 21 will bring back it's maternity line (online and in more stores) and finally launch a home collection. Please?
9. In terms of trends, color isn't going anywhere - it's photographs better than black and in our digitally shared world, that's key.
10. Social shopping will surge across platforms like mobile phones, sites like Haulerdeals.com and even Pinterest.
What would YOU like to see happen in the world of fashion in 2013?