I just discovered that Pearl by Georgina Chapman of Marchesa for JCP has launched a few days early, without much fanfare, over at jcp.com. Hooray?! Dive in and see for yourself over at jcp.com, there's a nice selection of cheap prom dresses, special occasion separates (lace shorts anyone?) and flirty cocktail dresses, all priced under $250.
Here are my favorite pieces so far based on images I've seen online:
- Strapless embellished dress ($110): Anyone who's ever had to look for affordable bridesmaid dresses knows it's no easy task, which is why I think this beautiful blue evening gown would be perfect for a wedding. It's also available in a nude peachy color that's just as gorgeous but might be more appropriate for prom or another special occasion (maybe even a bride!).
- Rosette applique tulle dress ($110): I love the tea length skirt on this dress and light spring blue. The rosette detailing is bold and embodies a sense of whimsy that's so Marchesa.
- Long organza gown ($250): This is definitely the pièce de résistance of the collection - a full skirted, floor length sartorial confection that's ultra feminine and over the top. This might even work as a bridal gown! Love it.
- High-low sequin dress ($140): There's something sophisticated yet edgy about this dress which draws me to it. Although I'm not crazy about that centered slit, the dramatic plunge on the back of this dress more than makes up for it.
- One shoulder polka-dot dress ($110): This dress could go horribly wrong or magnificently right, I'd have to try it on to know for certain, but I'm loving the Marchesa aesthetic of excess at play here, from the ruffles to the oversized bow. If you can work it, go for it!
Which pieces could you see yourself wearing? Has anyone seen these pop up in stores yet?