Jonathan Adler just launched a new home collection called Happy Chic at JCPenney, so if the fashions at the evolving department store aren't wooing you, maybe this will! And if the fashions are luring you to shop more, now you'll have another compelling reason to visit. Like his signature collection, Happy Chic is pure Jonathan Adler - fun, preppy, classy, colorful and totally chic. I'm obsessed. Here are 5 of my top picks under $50 to give you some inspiration:
- "Elizabeth" serving tray, $25: You can never have too many trays. I use decorative trays to keep my coffee table and shelves organized as well as all-summer-long for easy outdoor entertaining. This chevron one is calling my name.
- "Charlotte" shower curtain, $30: I love how a simple, inexpensive change like a new shower curtain can totally change the feel of your bathroom, and this reversible shower curtain gives you two fab looks in one.
- "Katie" set of two arrow bookends, $38: Making people smile is a Jonathan Adler signature, and that's exactly what these trompe l'oeil bookends do. Use them to decorate a bookshelf or prop up magazines and papers on your desk.
- "Katie" square pillow, $32: Nothing says Hollywood Regency like a Greek key pattern, a motif that Adler uses liberally in his design work. Pop this bright pillow on a couch or chair for an instant spring update/mood lifter.
- Owl lamp, $35: When it doubt, put a bird on it. This whimsical owl lamp in chic white would add a soft glow and personality to any space. I'm seriously considering decorating an entire owl-themed nursery around it.