Do you subscribe to a beauty subscription service? Not sure which one's right for you? There are tons of choices and equally as many reviews out there, but I wanted to share my experience with one popular company called Glossybox. Glossybox is a luxury beauty box subscription service that contains 5-6 products each month. Most products are travel size while some months you'll get 1, 2 or even 3 full-size products (it's always a surprise). Subscriptions range from $21 for one month to $220 for one year. For my complimentary trial, I got the "International Style" box. Here's what was included and what I thought about each product:
1. Bulgari Eau Parfumee Au The Blanc Soap (Full size, $30/5.3 oz): From Italian jewelry house Bulgari, this beautiful white soap assaulted me with its overpowering fragrance before I could even unwrap my box (which is gorgeous, by the way, and the light blush pink is sturdy enough to keep and reuse for things like jewelry storage and such). I can't even bring myself to test it out, the perfume is so strong. I'll be giving this perfume away to someone who appreciates bold scents instead.
2. Da Vinci Cosmetics Shimmer Powder (Full size $15/ 0.06 oz) in Harmony: Did I ever mention I don't use eyeshadow? Like, ever? I wear hard contacts and have small eyelids/eye sockets, so eye shadow is not my friend. I might try this powder on my cheeks but I'll probably just give it away.
3. Evologie eSystem Duo Pack Intensive Belmish Serum & Stay Clear Cream (Full size, $15 5 ML): This duo seems perfect for people with acne prone skin, and I like how one product helps clear blemishes while the other helps moisturize and keep future blemishes at bay. I've been avoiding certain beauty products during my pregnancy, so I won't be testing these.
4. LISI Liquid Line Eyeliner (Full size $7.00/.17 oz) in Enchanted: I make up for my "eye shadow inexperience" with eye-liner, something I love and wear almost daily. I was really excited to try this bold purple hue, something I wouldn't normally buy on my own. But the brush is awful - it's like a felt tip marker - and it's really hard to get a nice, solid, smooth line. Toss.
5. Nail Rock Nail Wraps (Full size $8.00/Full Set) in Metallic Cheetah Split: This is another new to me product that I was excited to try and glad that Glossybox introduced me to this brand, however, the style I received is just not me. Half cheetah, half red metallic? Maybe for Halloween? I'll be giving these to my neighbor's teen daughter to enjoy.
The Bottom Line: Despite the fact that I didn't love any of the products in this particular box, I think $21 a month is a good deal considering what you get. Glossybox would also make an amazing gift. If you love beauty products, testing the latest products and already spend a pretty penny on beauty each month, I'd consider Glossybox as a fun, cost-effective monthly treat.
Looking for a cheaper beauty subscription service? Check out my review of Beauty Box 5 here.