Summer is all about quick and easy salads using fresh ingredients you have on hand. Here, I simply took the ingredients from one of my all-time Italian favorites - the classic Caprese salad - and turned it into a meal by adding whole wheat pasta and some grilled chicken breast.
- Olive oil
- Balsamic vinegar
- A clove of garlic
- Lots of fresh basil leaves
- Half-pint cherry or grape tomatoes
- Whole wheat pasta. I used chiocciole but any shape will do.
- 1-2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- Part-skim mozzarella cheese