If you're new to the phenomenon that is Forever 21, here are a couple things to consider:
- Shop in person if possible. This way you can try things on and judge the fit and quality firsthand.
- Be prepared to dig. For a budget shopper who's used to thrifting, etc, this shouldn't be a problem - rather, it's an adventure! But yeah, their stuff can be hit or miss, so you need to dig around for those diamonds in the rough.
- Forever 21 has great accessories and trendy items that let you "test" new styles without making a big investment. You will have so much fun, because for the price, you can afford to take some style risks.
- Sizes are targeted towards teens. A major drawback for some but that's how it goes.
- Quality: Is it amazing? No. But it's good, and with proper care, it will hold up. And consider this: Many other stores these days are selling the same types of garments which are sewn in the same kinds of factories, except they're marking their prices up well beyond those found at Forever 21. Remember: Just because something costs a lot these days, doesn't mean it's good quality and vice versa.
- Check back often. Forever 21 stores get new merchandise just about every day. Sometimes I don't see anything I like, other days I want everything in sight.
- Don't be turned off by the name. I always see women of all ages shopping at the Forever 21 on State Street in downtown Chicago, for example. Besides, a budget babe must always be willing to shop anywhere and everywhere for a great deal!