If you're like me, you balk at typical holiday "gift guides" that suggest gifts under $500 or even $100 as somehow being reasonable. What am I, a Kardashian? I don't have that kind of cash for holiday gifting - but of course, I still want to get friends and family meaningful, stylish goodies that they'll love. That's where Marshalls comes in! Each week, as you may know, I've been tackling a new gifting mission and sharing my finds on Instagram. This week's challenge: Outgift for under $20! Marshalls is the perfect place to find amazing gifts under $20 because they offer top quality merchandise for less, so you're getting a better value every time you shop. And each time you shop, it's like a whole new store, with thousands of fresh, new goodies arriving each week! So really, this week's challenge wasn't a challenge at all - it was a breeze!
Here are 20 of my top gift finds under $20.
(Don't forget! Share your finds on social media using hashtag #TheGifter to be entered to win a $500 TJX gift card, with one winner being selected each week!)
1. A stylish studded mini purse is so on-trend in hues like emerald, gray or cobalt. I found this one for under $20 - compare at twice the price! You know it's true, just check your local department store - even on sale, they can't beat Marshalls prices.
2. This gadget is the kind of thing your friend didn't know she needed - until you got it for her, of course. I've said it before and I'll say it again - don't skip the tech accessories department! We usually shop Marshalls for fabulous fashions and shoes, but they seriously have it all - for less. You could swing by a major electronics store or big box if you don't believe me, I've price checked and it's less at Marshalls!
3. If you have someone on your list who's into decorating, chances are they will love a classic silver tray such as this. They're perfect for styling a coffee table (trust me, they'll know what this means), or collecting knick-knacks like loose change and keys - in style. I love how this tray looks super luxurious, almost like an heirloom piece, and yet it's under $20! You won't find that at a department store.
4. I was completely floored when I spotted this baby carrying device at Marshalls because I had just seen it on my sister's baby registry only hours earlier for three times the price! Look for similar genius gifts for moms and moms-to-be this holiday season.
5. I picked up a couple of these handprint ornaments to give as gifts and keep one for myself. Sentimental, one-of-a-kind and just $5.99 each!
6. Tea time, anyone? An elegant tea cup with a very on-trend gold design makes a sweet gift - these were under $10, in stripes or stars.
7. Trays are big, as you can tell from my posts. This oversized tray came in either silver or gold with a textrued croc finish that lends a richness to the design. Again, a steal at around $15 (compare at $40).
8. Let's not forget the teens on our list - who can resist this super cute polka dot back pack? Makes a great gift and I found it in the CUBE juniors section for just $9.99.
9. Another fabulous gift you could pick up for the young fashionista on your list might be a trendy sweater dress like this one, just $14.99. This Aztec print is all over Pinterest right now. It's a must-have for winter.
10. A fancy set of markers makes a great gift for kids and adults alike - everyone needs to express themselves and show their creativity! These were under $10 (compare at $20).
11. I think we all know at least one person who's cupcake-obsessed (if you're not sure, check the Twitter profiles of your BFFs). Get them the cutest cupcake decorating kits, then invite yourself over after they've baked up a batch. You'd pay double for these at a craft store!
12. I'm not entirely sure what these are but I'm pretty sure they're awesome - mason jar mugs for beer? Lemonade? Iced tea? Why not?! I love how many totally unique items I discover at Marshalls - and whoever benefits from your amazing finds will love them, too.
13. These designer hats are made of the softest fabric and the adorable heart print is right on trend. I spotted these for 60% off their department store price!
14. Boot shapers are essential for keeping boots looking their best (which saves money in the long run). Plus, they save closet space! Hence, the perfect gift under $20.
15. This chalkboard caddy set is irresistibly cute and looks like something you'd find at a small specialty shop or gift boutique. Use it to organize a desk, store makeup or jewelry - the possibilities are endless.
16. Once again, I was floored when I spotted this brand because I had it on my wedding registry via a high end department store! And here it was, the exact same modern nesting bowls set at a fraction of the cost. Well played, Marshalls, well played. Foodies on your list will loooove this one. (I adore my set, use it daily!)
17. Um, a storage container? Hear me out: I am obsessed with these. Ob-sessed. They're the best thing since sliced bread. These have an easy pop top, clear sides and airtight seal for storing all your snacks and pantry staples. As a gift, fill one up with a yummy treat, either store-bought or homemade.
18. Scarves make great gifts - you can never have too many! This one felt extra special with the feminine crochet detailing. The fabric was super soft and I loved the oversized styling, which makes it look more expensive.
19. For the beauty lover on your list, consider an amazing eyeshadow palette or other beauty gift set. You don't even need me to tell you how much these would cost at a beauty store or makeup counter, do you? Thought so.
20. Bath and body products are always a safe bet, but why go with the same ol' mall variety when you can get the top quality imported lotions and soaps instead? I love the packaging on this duo, and anything written in French just looks impressive (yes, even the words "with milk".)
What's the best gift you've given for under $20?
Disclosure: This post was sponsored by TJX through their partnership with POPSUGAR. While I was compensated to write a post about TJX #TheGifter, all opinions are my own.