I've been invited to 3 weddings this summer. I'll be bringing the baby along as the events are long and I need to nurse. ... Could you help me find a nursing friendly and wallet friendly dress that could be styled for 3 weddings? —Marie
I haven't faced this challenge yet as a nursing mom, however, I'll be attending a wedding in September and need to find something nursing-friendly, too. So I turned to the members of my mommy group for advice. The response was overwhelmingly in favor of the ever-important wrap dress! Others suggested a low v-neck dress, or even a strapless style that could be pulled down. I'm thinking separates are a good idea, too, especially with matching sets being so on-trend at the moment.
My awesome mommy friends also recommended Dress Barn, Kohl's and Motherhood Maternity as affordable options for finding nursing-friendly dresses. Whatever you choose, be sure to try it on first. Just experiment in the dressing room to see what will work. Here are some options I found online:
1. Oh Baby by Motherhood Wrap Dress, $28 (down from $48): Your most versatile option, this classic LBD could be easily transformed with some fun accessories for all your weddings.
2. Motherhood Faux Wrap Maternity Dress, $50 (down from $60): I'm not sure how easy it would be to nurse in this dress since it's maternity but it looks like it would be comfortable and flattering - and chic!
3. Target Matching Top and Skirt Set ($12.58 each, sold separately): Matching sets are trending now and I've seen them everywhere from mall stores like Express to department stores like Bloomingdales. Look for a flowy top so you can easily lift and nurse!
4. Forever 21 Ruffled Maxi Dress, $22.80: I've had luck in the past wearing spaghetti strap maxi dresses or camisole dresses to events that call for dressing up; I just slip the strap off my shoulder and voila! You could bring a pretty chiffon scarf to use as a cover-up.
5. H&M Pleated Dress, $39.95: This dress at H&M also looks like it would be easy to slip a strap off the shoulder for nursing. Try before you buy, H&M has lots of great summer dress options in stores right now.
6. ASOS Maternity Maxi Wrap Dress, $53.35: ASOS is always a great bet for affordable dresses and they also have a fab maternity line. This Grecian style maxi is elegant and looks mama-friendly!
Got a tip for Marie? Let her know in the comments!