It was the best of times, it was the...well, you know the rest. Here's a look back at some of the best and worst fashion trends of 2008. What would you add to (or subtract from) the list?
- Ridiculously high heels: Shoe heels soared to unreasonable heights in 2008 (I blame SATC, the movie). They look fabulous in theory but are impossible to wear.
- Voluminous tops: Tops that make you look pregnant just aren't flattering. Sorry.
- Leggings: On the wrong figure, leggings can look just awful, and 2008 saw plenty of unfortunate souls squeezed into these non-pants. Same goes for liquid leggings (even though I kinda liked them...)
- Wild wellies: Wacky colored rainboots were all over the place in 2008. Are they meant to be footwear or just a sick joke?
- Tacky knock-offs and hyper-monogrammed handbags: Enough with the faux Lous Vuitton handbags already. And while you're at it, lose the real deal Coach and/or Dooney & Bourke purses covered in "Cs" and "DBs." Yeesh!
- Ruffles: Feminine, flirty and downright fashion-forward, ruffles made a big splash in 2008.
- Sequins: Far from igniting a disco-inferno, sequin's shined on runways and racks with wondrous results this year.
- Patent: It's leather, it's shiny. It's perfect for accessories that make a statement.
- Belts: Be they skinny or wide, belts helped accentuate curves and create waistlines on ladies everywhere in 2008.
- Skinny jeans: Tucked into boots or worn with ladylike pumps, skinny jeans reigned supreme this year as the bottom of choice.
Have a fun and safe New Year's everyone!!