Ok, so my first order from the Nordstrom Anniversary Sale Early Access 2017 arrived on Saturday. If you missed my Instagram Stories review and try-on, don't worry - I'll recap everything here. Here's what you need to know:
Ok, Budget Babes, it's Day 3 of the Nordstrom Anniversary Sale early access and it's time to get serious! As much as I hate to get caught up in the hype, there are real deals to be had for those who know what they want, and who shop early. I've done an exhaustive amount of research (tough job, I know!) and put together a list of the top items that the real "power shoppers" always buy - the things that offer the best value, and the items that tend to sell out the fastest. Ready? Read on...
If you've been on or near a computer or cell phone today, then you know it's Nordstrom Anniversary Sale time! I didn't make it to the store (hour away) but I managed to place an order during naptime. And now I'm trying to squeeze in a blog post to share what I bought plus some outfit ideas for those of you still navigating the sale! After all, early access just started today but continues through July 20th when the sale will open up to everyone, no card needed. I've learned popular items do sell out quickly. I had this blush cardigan in my cart but was too slow to click "buy" and now it's already sold out. Ouch. So let's focus on what's still available because there's a lot of goodness to go around, and lots of affordable picks. All of mine are under $100.
Whenever there's a Nordstrom sale, I get a serious case of FOMO if I'm not taking part in the fun! I love seeing what everyone is scooping up, so I thought it would be fun to share what I've purchased so far, too. There are a lot of really good deals and plenty to choose from, no matter what your style may be. Popular styles are selling out quickly though (Nordstrom shoppers don't fool around, so I've learned!) Here's what I got:
1. Sam Edelman Peep-Toe Booties: It's hard to believe I don't own a pair of peep-toe booties, so I finally got a pair in a yummy warm neutral cognac brown that I can wear with casual outfits like jeans or dresses. Since I practically live in ankle boots 9 months out of the year, these perforated leather open-toe booties are the summer stand-in!
2. Lucky Brand Peplum Top: For summer, I seem to either go preppy (see my Target buys) or I start channeling my inner boho babe, hence this embroidered top in shades of ivory and dusty rose. I can wear these with jeans and the peep-toe booties or other casual sandals for summer get-togethers. Easy and pretty!
3. Lucky Brand Floral Top: I picked up another top by Lucky Brand (which is kinda like the less cool cousin of Free People or something, but I'm okay with that!) because I need some casual yet cute tops with short sleeves (finding tops and dresses with sleeves is always a challenge...why is that?). I hope this one fits! I can wear it with shorts or jeans. I love the pop of color and the print feels fun for summer.
4. BP Striped Tee: I can't resist a striped tee and this one got great reviews. For the price, I figured it's a no brainer!
5. Madewell Chambray Shorts: I love the look of Madewell but hardly own anything by the brand, so I thought for the price, I'll try these soft shorts and see how I like them. I also picked up these chambray shorts at Target recently for just $12, so I'm curious to see how the quality compares. I figure I can wear these around the house and to the beach. When it gets hot, I know I'll be so glad I bought these elastic waist shorts in lightweight fabric!