Memorial Day weekend is here and I couldn’t be more excited! I love hanging out outside with a good barbeque complete with all the fixings and all the friends.
For my outfit plans, I always keep it casual while still managing a chic vibe. I love all these outfits because they’re cool, festive, and comfortable. Also, they’re all under one hundred bucks! So no need to splurge on your looks...instead focus on the food and all the fun you’ll be having!
Just in time for the weekend, Christian Milian shows off a sweet and sexy going-out look featuring a velvet off-the-shoulder sweatshirt paired with skinny jeans and sparkly sandals.
I love the mismatched pink hues paired with lightwash denim - it's feminine and fashion forward. She's also playing with so many fun textures that are perfect for a night out, from the supersoft velvet to her rhinestone encrusted heels.
And since it's all about the glow when you're going out, don't forget the perfect bronzer - I recently received a sample of It Cosmetics Confidence In Your Glow Bronzer and it's amazing - a little goes a long way, making this well worth the price!
Whenever there's a Nordstrom sale, I get a serious case of FOMO if I'm not taking part in the fun! I love seeing what everyone is scooping up, so I thought it would be fun to share what I've purchased so far, too. There are a lot of really good deals and plenty to choose from, no matter what your style may be. Popular styles are selling out quickly though (Nordstrom shoppers don't fool around, so I've learned!) Here's what I got:
1. Sam Edelman Peep-Toe Booties: It's hard to believe I don't own a pair of peep-toe booties, so I finally got a pair in a yummy warm neutral cognac brown that I can wear with casual outfits like jeans or dresses. Since I practically live in ankle boots 9 months out of the year, these perforated leather open-toe booties are the summer stand-in!
2. Lucky Brand Peplum Top: For summer, I seem to either go preppy (see my Target buys) or I start channeling my inner boho babe, hence this embroidered top in shades of ivory and dusty rose. I can wear these with jeans and the peep-toe booties or other casual sandals for summer get-togethers. Easy and pretty!
3. Lucky Brand Floral Top: I picked up another top by Lucky Brand (which is kinda like the less cool cousin of Free People or something, but I'm okay with that!) because I need some casual yet cute tops with short sleeves (finding tops and dresses with sleeves is always a challenge...why is that?). I hope this one fits! I can wear it with shorts or jeans. I love the pop of color and the print feels fun for summer.
4. BP Striped Tee: I can't resist a striped tee and this one got great reviews. For the price, I figured it's a no brainer!
5. Madewell Chambray Shorts: I love the look of Madewell but hardly own anything by the brand, so I thought for the price, I'll try these soft shorts and see how I like them. I also picked up these chambray shorts at Target recently for just $12, so I'm curious to see how the quality compares. I figure I can wear these around the house and to the beach. When it gets hot, I know I'll be so glad I bought these elastic waist shorts in lightweight fabric!
Reese Witherspoon is the embodiment of summer style in her Draper James gingham top, off-white skirt and brown platform wedge sandals.
Finishing off the look with some glam cateye sunglasses, gold jewelry, and a seasonally chic straw tote, the actress-turned-fashion-designer is the only advertising that her brand needs.
I included Reese's exact top in today's look for those who want to splurge a little, plus some amazing budget-friendlier options like this LOFT top! When you mix gingham, straw and strappy sandals, it's hard to go wrong!