I'm a big believer in creating checklists for everything, including my wardrobe! Making a list of what you want to add to your closet at the start of each season can save you time and money, so here's a running list of the things I'm looking for this spring. Share what's on your list in the comments!
1. Short sleeve cardigans in neutral hues, plus one bright color like yellow or blue. I'll be swapping out my long-sleeve heavy knit boyfriend cardigans for lightweight short sleeve cardis as the weather warms up.
2. Lightweight scarves. Bright colors and ethnic-inspired prints are all still big contenders for me.
3. Classic trench. Alternatively, a chic anorak is a stylish option if you want something less conventional. I still have a great anorak that I picked up at H&M last season, so my search for the perfect trench continues!
4. A boyfriend blazer in beige, tan or pale gray. You probably picked up a black blazer for fall/winter, which will still get great mileage through the summer (think air conditioned offices, cool evenings, etc.) But for day, a lightweight cotton or linen blazer will be my go-to layering piece for spring/summer.
5. Vintage inspired shades. I'm thinking of getting some tortoise shell frames a la Cate Blanchett.
6. Relaxed hobo or another less structured handbag in a light tan, white (if you can keep it clean!) or brown. Metallics, brights, patterns are all great options, too!
7. Relaxed-fit shorts. I'm not a huge shorts person but I'll probably pick up at least one pair of relaxed fit shorts.
8. One solid tulip skirt in a nice neutral color that I can wear for casual or dressier occasions.
9. A denim skirt and/or denim jacket. The key for me here will be finding very current cuts and fades of denim.
10. A printed top. Perhaps I'll try a floral, abstract or wallpaper print that are so ubiquitous these days.
11. A maxi dress. I have a nice solid black maxi from last summer, now I need to be brave and add some color or a print!
12. Denim. Skinny, distressed, boyfriend—all still great options! I'll be bringing out my boot cuts to wear with wedges, and colored jeans to wear with simple white tees and sandals.
13. Stylish sneaks. I am due for a new pair of sneakers that I can wear while walking and running with my doggie. But they have to be cute!
14. Layering tees and tanks. I'm looking for long lengths, super soft cotton, and some nice crisp whites that will match everything.
15. One statement necklace. Got this already on Gilt.com, can't wait to wear it!
16. Jumper. I'm determined to get a jumper, possibly the Alexander McQueen for Target number. We shall see!
17. Shoes: There are so many great styles to choose from this season, so we'll leave this for another post!
Ok, your turn! What's on your spring shopping list?