Some of you just aren't feeling the faux leather jackets this fall, so I've rounded up a list of some of the best places to shop for an affordable (though not cheap) genuine leather jacket. Most of them are still full price and cost between $200 and $300. Like I said, not cheap, but if it's real leather you want, here's where you can get it for less than, say, Shopbop, where designer leather jackets average around $700:
Where to Buy Real Leather Jackets on a Budget
- Zara: On the plus side, Zara's leather jackets look borrowed from the runway. Downside: There aren't many locations in the U.S. and you can't shop online.
- H&M: If luck is on your side, you can find real leather jackets at any one of H&M's many locations, also with a high-fashion vibe.
- Topshop: This is where Topshop really shines, IMO, for those unique, hard-to-find pieces that no one else is making. Fierce leather jackets fall into this category, like the belted leather blazer above.
- AE.com: I'm loving their brown leather bomber (see above). Though described as a moto jacket, I think it's very Amelia Earhart chic.
- Urban Outfitters: Great selection of faux leather and a couple real leather gems to boot. Close proximity to many college campuses make UO a back-to-school shopper's paradise.
- Victoria's Secret: Serves up styles to suit both your soft side and harder edge, like this luscious aviator jacket. Wait for their great sales and always use a promo code.
- Asos.com: It's worth the wait and shipping cost when you can get a Balmain-inspired leather jacket like this one for under $200.
- Spiegel: I've said it a million times: If you can look past the cheesy styling, you will be rewarded with designer-looking pieces at really low prices, including this ruched leather jacket.
- Bebe: Designer-inspired shoes and clothing make Bebe an important resource for fashionistas on a budget. Where else can you find an of-the-moment leather military jacket that won't break the bank?
- Club Monaco: How I wish we could shop this store online. But we can't, so visit a store near you (usually located at upscale malls) for an affordable, modern-classic leather jacket.
Personally, I'm loving my faux leather jacket from Forever 21. It wipes clean and doubles as a rain coat!
Some of you have also had luck at places like eBay, Nordstrom Rack or during clearance sales at department stores like Saks. Fashion blogger Wanderlusting just opened a store where she's selling some hot leather jackets for as little as $30.
Keep posting your leather-jacket success stories in the comments, these are going to be hot all season long!