Last month H&M invited me to preview the spring '12 collection, a gorgeous mix of clean lines, soft shapes and delicious hues that I know you are going to love. Here's the lookbook, I'll post my off-the-rack photos soon. I'm going to start searching for some of these trends right now during end-of-the-year sales so I can be ahead of the curve come spring (which seems light years away on this 34 degree day).
- For spring, the silhouette is a mix of tailored and fluid. A palette of white and neutrals are worn with fruit-color accents like yellow, orange, or apple green along with softer shades like apricot and blue.
- For fabrics, think cotton and jersey, silk, leather, organza and linen. Details range from formal tailored details that emphasize the androgynous look contrasted with soft gathering, wrap cuts and pleats to maximize volume while holding the shape.
- Key pieces to covet include a white suit, jersey tank, sleeveless leather jacket, shirtdress, draped kimono jacket, short quilted jacket, draped vest, wrap dress and wide-leg pants.
- Key accessories to enhance your look include loafers or wooden-sole platforms, multiple bangles, leather necklaces, clutch bags and white sunglasses.
- My top picks include the vivid orange pants, mod wedge sandals and leather moto vest.
Which elements stand out for you?