Each week, I'm taking on a new holiday shopping challenge and heading to my local Marshalls store to share my finds! You can follow along here on the blog as well as on Instagram, Twitter, Facebook and Pinterest. This week's challenge? Outgift the party! What's your favorite gift to bring to a Christmas party? The season is packed with parties, from your in-law's house to your office party to your best friend's holiday bash. So what do you bring that's not only a great gift but also affordable? Here are 10 gift ideas that will impress every hostess or host on your list - and I found them all for under $30!
(Don't forget! Share your finds on social media using hashtag #TheGifter to be entered to win a $500 TJX gift card, with one winner being selected each week!)
1. Gourmet snacks like mixed nuts and chocolates make a tasty gift that all the foodies will appreciate. A classic mason jar presentation means you can just plop these down on the buffet table as is.
2. When in doubt, a designer reed diffuser makes a chic and stylish gift for any holiday host, especially if you don't know the host that well. These look and smell divine.
3. Festive throws make a thoughtful hostess gift - these come pre-boxed and wrapped with a bow. Just grab and go!
4. A beautiful frame always makes a meaningful gift when you tuck a personalized photo or note inside.
5. I love bringing holiday wreaths to a party because they add to the decor and don't take up any table space or require a vase, like flowers. Plus your host can reuse them year after year.
6. Christmas tree ornaments are especially popular with my family and we have a tradition of adding to one another's trees each year. Pick something your hostess will love, like this Eiffel tower for the francophile/fashionista on your list!
7. Not everyone drinks alcohol (shocking but true), so bringing a bottle of wine isn't always the best idea - instead, bring a super luxe bottle of Balsamic. Just look at the gorgeous packaging on these!
8. The discerning hostess will love getting a scented candle with aromatherapy qualities. Whenever I spot this particular brand at my Marshalls, I scoop it up!
9. Homemade baked goods or other treats top my list of favorite hostess gifts, and with Marshalls low everyday prices you can pick up a beautiful serving platter or dish to deliver your sweets that the host can keep!
10. These aren't your average gift baskets - Marshalls has so many unique and delicious pre-made assortments that you really can't go wrong. And they're always adding new options right up until Christmas day!
Photos by The Budget Babe
What are your gift ideas for the holiday host?
Disclosure: This post was sponsored by TJX through their partnership with POPSUGAR. While I was compensated to write a post about TJX #TheGifter, all opinions are my own.