Here's a coat round-up to go with your new fall boots from my previous post! Season after season, many trendy jacket styles stay similar, but are given some sort of twist—varying hues or lengths, fur details, mixed media, patterns, you name it. But it’s always comforting to know that the basics will never die. I don’t think I could even let go of my faux leather or utility jackets. And trench coats are a fall staple as much as a pumpkin spice latte. My plan is to have a variety of new and old, flashy and basic. No need to dread covering up when there’s outerwear to die for!
1. ZARA Jacquard Jacket $80
This long number will keep you warm from head to toe in a lovely seasonal maroon shade.
MANGO Funnel Neck Coat $90
2. Funnel necks and a draped fit keep this coat modest, nevertheless, sleek and unique!
3. Dorothy Perkins Diamond Ovoid Style Coat $89
White is IN—any style, any length, any fit. I love the simplicity and sophistication.
4. Express Plaid Ribbed Knit Sleeve Cocoon Coat $100 (Down from $198)
Plaid hasn’t died yet, and personally, I’m glad! I love this tomboy-chic pattern and the endless color combinations you can find.
3. Forever 21 Varsity Team Jacket $15
Varsity jackets are another favorite from past seasons, but I’m planning on ditching the frequent black/white or black/red…so how about this mustard yellow? (plus, you cannot beat this price).
6. Urban Renewal Snow Parka Jacket $89
I totally pictured this jacket on a woman you would see in ELLE Magazine’s “Street Chic” feature, thrown over a pair of leggings, biker boots, and an oversized sweater.
7. Only Fur Hood Parka w/ Contrast Lining $87
Who ever would have thought that sporting the Eskimo look would be fashionable? Snuggle up in the fur, and try to find one that has contrasting lining to add some interest!
8. Hooded Twill Military Bomber Jacket $37
Probably one of the most basic coats on this list, but completely necessary. It can be thrown on quickly with almost anything, without looking sloppy.
9. Topshop Moto Patchwork Western Jacket $104
This one is a bit pricier than you might want to go for with a denim jacket, but I couldn’t resist. All I know is that if I saw someone wearing this, I would HAVE to ask where it came from.
10. ELLE Double-Breasted Trench Coat $73 (Down from $98)
Trench coats have been on the must-have fall item lists for years. The black piping here seemed like something you might see on a doll or a little girl, which I find to be charming and playful!
11. Calvin Klein Mixed Media Coat $45 (Down from $145)
Mix it up with mixed media! Commonly seen with leather and varying textures/materials, it again takes a basic up a notch or two.
12. Billabong ‘Backup Luv’ Print Sleeve Quilted Bomber Jacket $80
I don’t know about you, but I’m a little tired of the floral bombers that seem to be EVERYWHERE, so it was refreshing to see one that emphasized a colorful sleeve with a solid front.