Last night's Oscars red carpet did not disappoint, from Jessica Biel and Emma Stone's gold perfection to Kirsten Dunst and Brie Larson's timeless black ballgown moments. Then there was Taraji P. Henson who brought the Old Hollywood glamour, while Naomie Harris and Hailee Steinfeld brought two different visions of modern elegance to the scene in shimmering white creations. These are just a few of the stars who made my best-dressed list...but what about real-life inspo? Here I've rounded up 6 fashion and beauty trends you can rock right now, from spring's must-have eyeshadow color to Halle Berry's under-$160 heels...and more!
1. One of the first looks I spotted while watching the red carpet was Olivia Culpo who wore a custom Marchesa dress. Her look hinted at many of the trends we'd see later that night...romantic silhouettes, fringe, and lots of soft metallics and sheer details. But it was her beauty choices that got the most buzz on social media, most notably that bold purple eyeshadow. I'm not a beauty risk-taker by any means, but even I'm feeling tempted to add this color to an evening eye look!
Get the Look: Clinique Lid Pop Eyeshadow in Grape Pop, $17
Olivia Culpo Photo Credit: Photoshot, PacificCoastNews
2. Actress Emma Stone took home the award for Best Actress and looked every bit the part in her pale gold Givenchy Couture column gown with fringe and beading that echoed the 1920s flapper era and her film La-La-Land. Channel the Oscar winner and dance the night away in the dress we found that's just $50 at H&M.
Get the Look: H&M Glittery Gold Dress, $49.99
Emma Stone Photo Credit: David Gabber / PRPhotos.com
3. Everyone was loving Jessica Biel's statuesque figure in her liquid gold Kaufman Franco gown, expertly styled with an unexpected statement necklace by Tiffany & Co. (I mean, how could you not?!) For everyday drama, try a chain fringe choker that you can wear from day to night.
Get the Look: Treasure&Bond Chain Fringe Choker Necklace, $30
Jessica Biel Photo Credit: David Gabber / PRPhotos.com
4. Naomie Harris had a huge night when her movie 'Moonlight' won Best Picture (being super lame, I fell asleep and missed the big announcement- if you did too you can watch it here). The actress looked stunning in a Calvin Klein by Appointment gown - the hi-low hem, the cut-out detailing, and the bright white color are all totally on-trend and inspiring...but it's her yellow shoes that have me smitten! Also by Calvin Klein, these strappy heels highlight one of spring's top colors. If you add just one new thing to your wardrobe this month, make it something yellow!
Get the Look: Who What Wear for Target 'Carolina' Block Heel Mules in Yellow, $32.99
Naomie Harris Photo Credit: David Gabber / PRPhotos.com
5. Scarlett Johansson was giving me major Sex in the City/Patricia Field vibes in her pink print Alaïa gown gown and edgy black stud belt (remember this famous Carrie Bradshaw look?). Take inspiration for your next formal soiree with a gown that boasts an off-the-shoulder silhouette (something we loved about Oscar Winner Viola Davis in Armani Prive) and a feminine floral print that's just begging for an edgy accessory to offset the sweetness.
Get the Look: Plum Pretty Sugar Gown, $198; Ada Rolling Leather Stud Wrap Belt, $98
Scarlett Johansson Photo Credit: David Gabber / PRPhotos.com
6. The hair, the dress, the face that never ages...Halle Berry brought it on the red carpet in her Atelier Versace gown and gorgeous curls. But the trend you can wear right now (but unfortunately can't see in this photo) is her stylish and comfortable Vince Camuto shoes! That's right, Halle's exact Vince Camuto 'Devin' Heels can be yours and they're under $160, and come in 7 stunning colors. Perfect for all your upcoming spring and summer weddings! You can see Halle showing off her shoes on her Facebook page.
Halle Berry Photo Credit: David Gabber / PRPhotos.com