Summer fun doesn't have to cost a lot! Since we're spending a lot of time at home, I wanted to round up some of our favorite toys under $35, from this adorable wheelbarrow that encourages imaginative play to this sturdy water table guaranteed to keep them entertained for hours. What are your child's favorite summertime toys?
Summer Fun for Kids | Favorites Under $35
1. Little Tikes 3-in-1 Wheelbarrow: I just ordered this to replace another kiddie wheelbarrow we had for years, but it finally broke. The kids just love filling it and carting it around the yard, collecting rocks, sticks, dandelions, you name it!
2. Splash Pad: Kids always love the splashpads at parks, so I thought this would be a fun and simple way to bring a bit of that water park feel to our own backyard.
3. Hungry Hungry Hippos Ride On Toy: This could be really fun or a bust, I can't tell yet but I'll report back! I hope my 2-year-old likes it for days when we are inside.
4. Sunhat for Kids: We got this hat as a gift and my oldest wore it all the time when he was little! My second and third won't keep hats on unfortunately - but if yours will, these are the best sun protection!
5. Water Table: These are worth every penny in my opinion. After a storm wrecked our first one (it was actually a tornado that sent the water table flying over our house) I immediately purchased another one. Just a little water and they'll play for hours, testing whether objects will sink or float, filling it with dirt or bubbles or the orbs I linked up below. So many possibilities!
6. Croquet Set: I loved playing croquet when I was a child. I'm not gonna lie though, I'm a little worried about what my boys will do with these wooden mallets and balls LOL so I haven't ordered this set just yet...
7. Water Blasters: These seem to last longer than most cheap water guns. Grownups can get in on the fun, too!
8. Wading Kiddie Pool: Oldie but goodie! My kids love playing with their kiddie pool whether it's empty or full. Ours has held up really well. You could also use it for sand.
9. Water Beads: Sensory play! The kids go wild for these and will play for hours. Just make sure they're well supervised.