Last night, I attended a blogger event at the Times Square Ann Taylor LOFT location in New York City where I was invited to meet the creative team behind the company and ask them any question my heart desired about the company and their products. Everyone I met was extremely friendly and gracious, but more than that, I could feel their excitement and enthusiasm for the brand—when employees believe in the company, the customer can, too!
Here's me with LOFT Trend Director Alia-Ahmed Yahia (left) who wore a fabulous LOFT paisley dress and statement necklace from their not-yet-released fall collection.
Here are some of the take-aways I got from the event that I thought you ladies would find useful—if you have any questions, hit me up in the comments and I'll do my best to answer them (or get the answers from the folks over at LOFT—they're more than eager to help!).
What You Should Know About Ann Taylor LOFT
- Ann Taylor LOFT is going through some exciting changes with a new company president and a creative team that's looking to reinvigorate the brand. Part of this transition means Ann Taylor LOFT will officially be known simply as LOFT beginning in the fall. Expect more of the latest fashion trends translated to casual, everyday clothing in a way that's relevant, chic and effortless, says LOFT Trend Director Alia-Ahmed Yahia.
- The LOFT woman is any woman who's confident, multi-tasking, and fun-loving and she tends to be very loyal to the brand. She can be any age, single, married, with kids, no kids, working, stay-at-home, volunteer, student—you name it! It's really all about an attitude more than an age group, says Yahia.
- LOFT is affordable. I'd say that up until a few months ago, I was under the impression that Ann Taylor LOFT was pricey, like Banana Republic pricey, but most items (including LOFT's 10 spring essentials, which I'll be blogging about later) are actually well under $100. Combined with all their great sales and deals for regular customers, and it's a great value, especially considering the quality.
- LOFT is low-maintenance. I'm pretty sure Yahia told me that nothing at LOFT is dry-clean only, which means LOFT fits my personal wash-and-wear mantra! This is excellent news for all you busy students and moms and well, everyone who'd rather spend less time doing laundry.
- LOFT is looking to introduce more genuine leather shoes and handbags priced under $170-ish (most styles will cost much less). I think this is a great move because I'm always looking for affordable, quality leather handbags and shoes.
- LOFT offers Petites sizing in stores, as well as Tall and plus size (up to size 16) online only. Not many stores offer fashionable Petites clothing, so this is a definite plus for LOFT.
- LOFT loves teachers! Sign up for LOFT LOVES TEACHERS and receive 15% off every time you shop. Learn more at http://teachers.anntaylorloft.com/.
- LOFT operates 511 stores nationwide.
Tips to Help You Shop LOFT:
Ask for help. LOFT is currently in the process of training all sales associates on styling their products so that they'll be able to help you coordinate new looks with what's in store. And the service is complimentary, so just ask! It's all about helping you feel confident, beautiful and put-together, so there's no pressure to make you buy things that don't work for you, Yahia says.
Check back frequently. LOFT gets fresh new items for summer all the time, so check online and in store regularly. In fact, the typical LOFT shopper usually hits up her fave store 4 times a month.
Sign up for emails, follow LOFT on Twitter and fan their Facebook page for exclusive deals, promos and sale alerts.