How Do I Look?
is a show on the Style network that combines rudimentary psychotherapy with elementary fashion in an effort to do what every style show does: Make-over a poor, pathetic fashion victim! But it has its redeeming qualities, including the ever-graceful host Finola Hughes
, and the opportunity to see how different styles look on real women. As each fashion train wreck undergoes her glamorous transformation, viewers at home can pick up some helpful tips on what will look best on her own
Here's what they had to say on a recent episode about choosing fashions to flatter curvaceous figures
(some are obvious, but they bear repeating!):
Featured above: Lane Bryant Patent leather trench coat, Orig. $199.50 Sale $129.00
- Try tops or dresses with flattering ruching on the side.
- V-necks and wrap-dresses are especially slimming, so long as the neckline doesn't plunge too low.
- Trench coats show up season after season and always look chic on every figure.
- Trapeze dresses look sleek on slim figures but can also work magic to hide figure flaws.
- A solid-color sweater dress with a belt is always flattering and accentuates curves. Add a long pendant necklace to focus the eye inward and create a slimming silhouette.
- Bold colors and patterns speak volumes about your personality. When picking prints, look for designs with vertical lines.
- Heels work wonders to lengthen legs and create a longer, leaner line. Knee-high, high-heeled boots are an especially comfortable and versatile option.
How do you find clothes that best suit your body type?