I'm always on the lookout for a good nude lipstick, especially on a budget. Rimmel London spokesmodel Rita Ora recently wore the brand's new Stay Matte Liquid Lip Colour in Latte To Go to the Billboard Music Awards - and it retails for a cool $5.49 at ulta.com.
Reviews give it 4.5 stars which is a very good endorsement. But I think Rita's gorgeous pout is endorsement enough - she looks amazing, and the nude lip is the perfect compliment to the rest of her makeup look and her black and white, crystal and lace dress by Francesco Scognamiglio.
With summer just around the corner, my mind is already at the beach and my toes are nestled in the sand. I wanted to share my beach bag essentials - from my favorite face mist to the best sunscreen for sensitive skin - so the next time you go, the only work you’ll have to do is lift a finger to turn the page of your book (and yes, I included my fave read, too!)
1. These Forever 21 sunnies are number one for a reason! Something about summer time makes me reach for vintage-inspired frames that help me channel my inner Audrey Hepburn. (Replay Vintage Sunglasses, $28 at forever21.com)
2. I never leave the house without Vaseline. Mostly, because my skin is really sensitive and reacts poorly to most chap sticks. But also, Vaseline is a beach bag must-have because, although the salt water does wonders for your hair, it dries out your lips, and I find classic Vaseline to be the most soothing solution. (Vaseline Lip Therapy, $1.79. Plus get a $5 giftcard with a $20 personal care purchase for a limited time at Target.com)
3. This Neutrogena sunscreen is specifically designed to be used for your face, neck and chest. Many sunscreens do not take into account the sensitivity of your face. So, for me, this is a definite necessity. (Neutrogena Ultra Sheer Lotion, $8.99. Spend $20, get $5 giftcard at Target.com)
4. A good book is essential to a good beach day. Being in school, I don’t get a lot of chances to read for pleasure, so when I'm on holiday my nose is always buried in a book. My favorite beachside read is any Murakami novel! His fiction writing will keep you engaged to the point that you won’t want to put it down even to get in the water! (Norwegian Wood by Haruki Murakami, $8.16 for paperback)
5. I love this Evian face mist. When I've been sitting out for a while, but I'm not ready to jump in the water quite yet, I spray a little of this refreshing mist on my face to cool down. (Evian Facial Water Spray, $12.50 for 5 oz)
6. Thank you Jen Atkin for this amazing hair oil. I use this product every day after I get out of the shower. But, I particularly love this oil at the beach. When I’m rushing to get changed before dinner and I want to keep my beachy hair looking effortless, I just throw a little of this oil in it to keep my hair hydrated and refreshed, and voila you’re ready for dinner! (Ouai Hair Oil, $28)
7. I always hate being without a hair tie. Sometimes my hair just drives me nuts and I have to throw it up in a quick bun. When I'm at the beach, I'll hop in the salt water and then braid my hair quickly after I get out. By the time I get changed for dinner, I have achieved the perfect beachy wave. (Goody Hair Elastics, $7.49 plus spend $20, get a $5 giftcard at Target.com)
With the new season, I know many of us are looking to change up not only our wardrobes, but our hair game, too. My friend Sydne Summer recently chopped off a few inches of her lovely locks and is sporting a long blunt-cut bob for spring - and it looks amazing! If you're feeling the itch to change up your hairstyle for spring/summer 2017, here are a few celebrity styles to inspire you.
1. Kim Kardashian is making headlines with her new blunt cut long bob. This isn't the first time the celeb has gone short with her hair, but it's definitely getting all the attention nonetheless. I think this look strikes the perfect balance between fashion forward and professional. It looks easy to style and easy to maintain, too. (Hello, flatiron!)
Photo Credit: BACKGRID
2. At the 2017 MTV Movie & TV Awards red carpet arrivals, Mary Elizabeth Winstead caught my eye with her tossled short bob hairstyle featuring soft bangs. This look has fashion-blogger-babe written all over it! It's sexy yet demure and a little bit boho/gamine. I think a texturizing spray is all you'd need to style this look for the summer months. I could be wrong, no hair expert here, but it looks relatively easy to achieve!
Photo Credit: Image Press / BACKGRID
3. Kelly Rowland is also rocking a gorgeous shorter bob hairstyle for spring with bangs, similar to Mary Elizabeth's look above. I love the soft, slightly undone texture of her loose waves. Long bangs frame the face and keep this look super sultry. From experience, I know that achieving that undone look can actually take a lot of effort, but you should be able to maintain these bangs by blow drying with a round barrel brush and spritzing with a light hairspray for staying power. Hairstyle experts, correct me if I'm way off! But don't let that keep you from trying this cut.
Photo Credit: BACKGRID
Would you show any of these looks to your hairstylist for your next cut?
It's time to get glowing! This season beauty editors are swapping out the gold and champagne shades for prismatic, out-of-this world hues. Featuring pastel purples, blues, pinks and pearlescent whites, each product offers a multidimensional highlight packed with just the right amount of shimmer. Unique yet subtle, these options are sure to stand out and are the perfect option to light up your day or night!
We've rounded up our favorite brands with options for every budget and are sharing tips on how to look bright, refreshed and absolutely stunning for spring. Read on to get all the details...
I’m a college student in my early twenties and just starting to make a life for myself, so when my fiancee and I finally found an apartment we loved, we didn’t have much of a budget for furnishings and decor. Much of our furniture has been loaned to us from family members, including our well-loved, lumpy and misshapen pillow top mattress. So I jumped at the chance to review a Doze bed, which was designed with college students and recent post-grads in mind, but I was extremely skeptical of the hype surrounding the product.