Got this in my inbox, and thought I'd share in honor of Earth Day! Are you doing any special to celebrate?
Victoria’s Secret Supermodel Marisa Miller’s Eco-Friendly Earth Day Tips
- Use cleaning products that aren't full of chemicals. A clean house should smell like nothing—not yucky chemicals scented like lemon or pine forest. Remember, you are inhaling all these products and the air in your house can become even more polluted than the air outside.
- An easy one that’s often overlooked—recycle and buy recycled products!
- Use a Kleen Kanteen or Sigg bottle for water instead of plastic bottled water. I bought a pitcher filter for drinking water at my house and I fill up my Kleen Kanteen when I leave the house.
- Buy organic food whenever possible. It can be more expensive, so buy seasonal or go to a local farmers market. Or just buy the produce that is most important to get organic, like those where you consume the skin (i.e. berries, apples, pears, spinach and lettuces).
- Be conscious of the products used in your beauty routine. Always look for 'paraben free' products. Victoria's Secret just came out with an incredible line of products I'm obsessed with called "Naturally Victoria's Secret." I love the Grapefruit, Lime and Mint body wash and Acai Berry and Magnolia body lotion. Another favorite is PINK Body by Victoria’s Secret which uses organic and vegan ingredients with eco-friendly packaging.