Tomorrow is the first day of spring (finally!), a good time to think about updating your 'do for the warmer months. I'm pretty boring when it comes to my hair, usually the same style (down, straight, side part) all year round. I can't even do pony tails or messy buns anymore, for some reason they give me headaches…but for those of you who are looking for a little inspiration and excitement, I got some great tips from Hallie Bowman, Celebrity Stylist for Pantene! Below, she shares her 6 top spring hair trends for 2010.
1. "Expect to see classic looks, deconstructed. Everything from deeper, more oddly angled side parts to random messy strands off to the sides will be added to enhance those been-there-done-that styles." —Hallie Bowman
2. "My term for a favorite trend I'm seeing—'Urban Romantic.' Hair is tightly pulled back in a pony with lots of wisps in front to frame the face. Instead of a completely sleeked-back method, adding texture can show off your personality. Crimp for attitude, wave for elegance or spiral for romance—style how you feel!" —HB
3. "Lots of frizz will be in, frizzy curls included. Don't bother repressing wild texture: embrace it, live it, love it. Free your frizz with intention and purpose, but don't forget to polish your ends, try the Pantene Pro-V Smooth Serum, as you don't want to lose total control." —HB
4. "Bows will be out in full force for spring, think huge 80's-style Madonna bows. To counter an angelic sentiment bows usually portray, it's time to be clever with your bow style. Disheveled, punky hair surrounding the bow gives a carefree, yet put-together look all at once." —HB
5. "Be prepared for the relapse of the thick, heavy eyelash touching bangs…it's coming back." —HB
6. "The most playful trend I'm seeing—especially with the younger crowd—touches of pastel colors in hair. Take a section of hair underneath your nape, bleach it a pastel color and, voila, it's a hidden treasure! Ashy colors like lavender, blue and purple tones will be popular." —HB
Photo credits: Style.com, Spring 2010 collections
How about you, does your hair change with the seasons? What hair trends are you going to try out this spring?