Now that I'm a mom, getting ready quickly has taken on an entirely new meaning. I've had to streamline my morning routine to the absolute essentials, yet I've learned that it's important to maintain some level of decency so that I feel better about myself and ready to take on the day. So here are 5 "speed dressing" tips and tricks to get you feeling beautifully put-together and on your way in a few minutes flat!
1. Play music that pumps you up: The right beats can set the mood for a morning that's full of energy, or one that just drags and puts you to sleep. Yes, I play a lot of Laurie Berkner and Disney these days (totally one of those parents who knows all the lyrics from Frozen), but you can pick any uptempo music that makes you feel happy and ready to move!
2. Organize your closet by style and color: You'll need to set aside a weekend to really organize your closet, but once you do, it will be so much easier to quickly pull together an outfit. Group like items (ie. blazers, dresses, tops, jeans) then sort by color - for some reason, this makes things easier to spot in a hurry.
3. Use Vaseline Spray & Go Moisturizer ($7.99, food drug and mass retailers nationwide): This breakthrough product is a continuous spray lotion that moisturizes deeply and absorbs in seconds, leaving skin feeling instantly soft - not sticky or greasy. It absorbs instantly (about 10 seconds or less with some rubbing), so you can put your clothes on right away. Pro tip: I also use my Vaseline Spray & Go Moisturizer as a shaving lotion! You don't have to deal with messy shaving cream and your skin is left soft and smooth. Seriously, try it!
4. Streamline your makeup routine: While my linen closet is chock full of beauty products that I only occasionally use, the makeup bag I keep on my vanity contains only my daily essentials. Pick products that do double duty, like a BB Cream to even out skin and a lip color you can use on your cheeks.
5. Rotate your favorite accessories: Instead of changing out your accessories every day, pick a few coordinating favorites - like a diminutive gold initial pendant, stacking rings and simple studs - and wear them daily for a few days at a time (or weeks, in my case!) Keep them artfully displayed and within reach so you can put them on without thinking before you head out the door.
What's your foolproof tip for getting ready fast? Let me know in the comments!
Go to www.Vaseline.us to learn more. Join the conversation with #SprayandGo.
Disclosure: This post is sponsored by Vaseline and Style Coalition.