We all have our favorite sources for different things, from food to fashion. While browsing the aisles at Marshalls the other day, I realized there are many thing I will only buy at either Marshalls or T.J.Maxx, and it's been that way for years. From the price to the quality to the convenience, I keep going back to my favorite off-price retailers for these 10 things (and no, unfortunately this is NOT a sponsored post!) Do you have things you always buy at Marshalls or T.J.Maxx? I love hearing what other people shop for - let me know in the comments!
1. Towels: I think all my towels are from T.J.Maxx or Marshalls at this point. You can find Egyptian cotton for the best price without having to wait for a sale elsewhere.
2. Shower Curtain Liners: This may seem like a strange item, but I always get my shower curtain liners at T.J.Maxx or Marshalls. Now that everything has to be eco, I can get my BPA-free, odorless, mildew resistant, you-name-it curtain liners here for the best price around.
3. Clothes Hangers: I've gradually replaced all my mismatched hangers with the soft, thin, velvet covered ones, and have found that Marshalls and T.J.Maxx have the best price, no sale needed. They also have a huge range of colors to choose from. If you're organizing for the new year, definitely check these out.
4. Decorative Storage Baskets: I might get utilitarian storage bins at IKEA, but all my pretty baskets and boxes come from Marshalls and T.J.Maxx. Again, if you're organizing a closet, bathroom, guest room, play room, you name it, Marshalls and T.J.Maxx have a huge selection and the best prices.
5. Trendy Wall Art: There was a time when I avoided mass produced wall art because I didn't think it qualified as "art" - but I finally came to my senses and decided that if something makes me smile, I can hang it on my wall. I always find the cutest wall art under $20 at T.J.Maxx and Marshalls that I can use to decorate and switch out when my mood changes.
6. Dog Beds: We have a big dog, and big dog beds can cost a small fortune especially at major pet store chains. But not so at Marshalls and T.J.Maxx! They have the best selection of stylish dog beds and even large sizes for under $40. Baxter (our Boxer) just barked in agreement.
7. Baby Shower Gifts: Thanks to my mom group, I'm lucky to be invited to a lot of baby showers and T.J.Maxx and Marshalls seem to be the unspoken favorites for gift giving. I always find the best brand-name gifts and make sure to include a gift receipt so Mom (or Dad) can easily exchange for something they might prefer - or get something for themselves! Besides, I can not set foot inside those enormous baby product chain-stores without getting a panic attack.
8. Pretty Notebooks: Here's another thing you'll want to scoop up for the New Year, whether you're trying to get organized or want a place to journal. T.J.Maxx and Marshalls always have the prettiest stationary and paper supplies. You never know what you'll find, but you'll always find something good and at a fraction of the cost you'd pay at a dedicated paper store.
9. Photo Frames: Great for gift giving, I always get photo frames at T.J.Maxx and Marshalls. These can be so expensive at department stores, but not so at my fave off-price retailers. Lately I'm loving Tahari Home and Cynthia Rowley Home.
10. Pillows: In addition to my towels, all my pillows are from T.J.Maxx and Marshalls. I love that you can get a brand name two-pack for $20. Whatever size or density, down or down-free, they've got it. It's a good idea to refresh your pillows every once in a while, and at these prices, I can afford to do just that for everyone in the family plus guests.
So those are just a few of the things I'll only buy at T.J.Maxx and Marshalls - what are yours?!